Obviously we’d like to see every home have an energy efficient roof. We’d like to see every home and building have a roof that is made from mostly recycled content and that won’t summarily be dumped in a landfill. We’d like to see this growing movement of green roofing move faster. In the mean time, I offer the standards for Roofing Best Practice.
- Recycle tear-off Shingles
- Work with your City & County for project financing & rebates
- Install Energy Star Roofing material
- Use high recycled content materials – such as steel
- Partner with Renewable Energy contractors
- Ventilation upgrades reduce cooling load & extend roof life
- Recycle other C & D waste
Thanks for your ongoing support. And help us move toward recycling commercial roofing products too!